Disclaimer: This post was sponsored by AfterShokz in an effort to spread awareness about their new Pink Trekz headphones, in partnership with Bright Pink to support and spread awareness around breast cancer awareness. All opinions and words are my own. I truly appreciate all of the brands the support the Sweat Pink community.
I don’t think I’ve done a Friday Five before, so no time like the present to start, right?
So here we go…My first Friday Five
1) Tunes that inspire! Oh boy, I don’t listen to music much anymore when I run, but when I do, I love anything by Pit Bull & Elie Golding is a fav too. I actually prefer to listen to audiobooks on super long runs, they keep my brain off the pain and keep me entertained. I listened to Daniel Silva’s The English Spy during Nanny Goat & TRT 50. I got a new book for Cuyamaca 100k last week by Cleo Coyle called the Billionaire Blend. I like to listened to them on my AfterShokz because I can still here everything around me.
2) Giving back. I’m giving back to a very important person in my life, my brother in-law, David. David was diagnosed with a rare form of cancer called rhabdomyosarcoma, which affects the skeletal muscles, and in his case, his leg. Please help me to fight cancer and work with Memorial Sloan Kettering & the James Blake Foundation to research early detection. You can read more about David here and donate here. I’m raffling off some awesome prizes too. Your support is appreciated.
Photo by Paksit Photos
3) Be a self care advocate: How do you practice self care? I run and run and run… It’s my stress reliever and time away from the hustle and bustle of life.
4) My favorite products: Oh boy this is tough one, but right now, I think I can come up with 5 things for this question alone.
#1 my Pink Running 4 Those Who Can’t Hat – Not only is it my signature, it is true. I run for my brother-in-law David.
#2 my Altra Running Lone Peak 3.0s (mine just happen to be Pink;)) so comfy and grip so well.
#3 my prAna London jeans for those days when you need something other than yoga pants or running shorts ;). You can save 15% by using code PFS16LEGS on anything prAna sells.
#4 – my Trigger Point Therapy foam rollers they have been my go-to’s lately &
#5 – of course my AfterShokz! I’ve got a lot of marathons coming up and I love that I can still hear everything around me while wearing them.
5) Friends who inspire! Well this one is super easy. Of course my girls Smitha & Jenn! They inspire me everyday and I’m glad we have the opportunity to run together often. And my girl Kristina – Thank you Thank you Thank you for pacing me at Cuyamaca! Love you guys!
I’d love to hear one or more of your answers to the Friday Five! Tell me in the comments below!
Smitha @ Running with SD Mom
October 8, 2016 @ 1:33 pm
I freaking love you! You inspire ME so we are even! You were in my Friday post too! Unplanned but #twinning!